ARTICLE V DISTRICT REGULATIONS
Section 2. R-2 Two-Family Residential District
2.1 Purpose of the District
The purpose of this district is to provide for single-family and two-family residential development on smaller lots, where sanitary sewers and public water supplies are available at the time of construction, together with such churches, recreational facilities, and accessory uses as may be necessary or are normally compatible with residential surroundings. The district is located to include existing development of this character and contains vacant land considered appropriate for such development in the future.
2.2 Permitted Uses
A building or land shall be used only for the following purposes:
1. Any use permitted in the R-1 Single-Family Residential District.
2. Two-family houses, Subject to special regulations of Article 10, Section 10.
2.3 Permitted Accessory Uses
1. Any accessory use permitted in the R-1 Single-Family Residential District.
2.4 Permitted Signs
Subject to general sign regulations of Article 6 and consisting of accessory non-illuminated or indirectly illuminated signs as follows:
1. Any sign permitted in the R-1 Single-Family Residential District.
2.5 Height, Area, and Bulk Requirements
Requirements for minimum lot area, yards, and open space, and maximum height are contained in the Table of District Regulations.
2.6 Reference to Additional Regulations
The regulations contained in this article are supplemented or modified by regulations contained in other articles of this Ordinance, especially the following:
- Article 7, Off-Street Parking Regulations
- Article 8, Off Street Loading Regulations
- Article 9, Conditional Uses
- Article 10, Supplementary Height, Area, and Bulk
- Article 12, The Zoning Hearing Board, Exceptions and Variances
- Article 13, Definitions